Thursday, August 22, 2013

It's All Just a Game: Tropico 4

Hi. I'm Larry, and I'm a military dictator on a small third-world island in the Caribbean.


Go ahead, have a seat on this nice bench with your back to the friendly neighborhood guard tower. We like it that way.

I was given a quest to arrest the person who had the least amount of respect for me. So I break out the ledger and look through the numbers and it turns out that honor goes to my opponent in the upcoming election. Well, how perfect is that, so I go ahead and give the order to have her brought in to camp for a little re-educating. Definitely not something I want to miss, so I search the streets to find her - turns out she's a little old pregnant lady, hobbling slowly down the sidewalk. Easiest arrest yet, although it does take a while for her to walk to jail.

I sentence her to five years, and I assume at some point she has the baby in there but I don't ever go back to check on her. Actually I'm a bit surprised to find my first prisoner still languishing in his cell - I arrested him just to see how it was done. His crime was thinking about supporting my opponent in the last election. Funny thing is, if I ever do let him out he'll be an ex-con and no longer eligible to vote! So I guess the lesson here is, Vote for Larry.

No comments:

Post a Comment